As I continue to traipse down this path of self examination so that one day I will see Christ’s reflection instead of my own, I am reminded of lessons I have learned and several that I’m still trying to accept.
Here are nine of many.
1) Hurting people hurt people
2) Not everything is my fault and to think otherwise is a twisted form of pride
3) I’ve got some junk. Some of it I created, some of it was tossed upon me. Regardless of where it came from it is now mine to deal with. Fortunately, I don’t have to clean up alone.
4) The distilling blood of Christ is the most powerful cleansing agent. It can scrub clean any type of grime.
5) Often, negative responses from others are really between them and God and not about me.
6) Perfection on earth is unattainable
7) God didn’t create me to be everything to every body…He fills that role and when I try to take it over…I get in the way
8) God is sovereign. He knows what He is doing and He is love. He can turn chaos into order, return life to drooping flower petals, and erect beauty from a heap of ashes.
9) I am completely loved, understood, and forgiven, by the King of Kings.
To read more or participate in 9 on the 9th, click here.